PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 08:11
iwalkedaway

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Having flown to and from the US recently on BA and having experienced/sensed the pre-strike atmosphere amongst CC - which was plainly tense at that time - experience of onboard atmosphere during the strike has come as a stark contrast; as SLF it was a change on BA to see an apparently extremely cheerful crew sharing banter with one another and with us, the customers. One - OK, I will say it - typically more mature CC (female) told me that "It's nice to be doing what we're good at without worrying about what we do or say for fear of being reported - not to the management, but to BASSA...".

I found that staggering (perhaps naively). Have other SLF found bad atmosphere pre-strike, and relaxed and apparently happy team work on strike flights? Reading the CC thread itself there are several reports of refreshing atmosphere where they sign on for duty, lending weight to the above. Presuming those posts are genuine could this be the start of a cheery new world at BA LHR, LGW-based CC already seems to be there...since BASSA cut them adrift (I believe that's correct?). Leaving the militant tendency on the ground seems to have taken the poison out of the flights?

On PR, BA pronouncements, what few there have been, certainly seem to stack up as verifiable - in stark contrast to Unite's consistent untruths, exaggerations and whistling in the dark. Reminiscent of Pravda in fact? That man McLuskey also seems to have faded into the background - staying out of the limelight to the point of invisibility? Like our Great Leader himself, one might think. Sorry Mods, that bit's off-thread. But the change of atmosphere is significant, and it must do a great deal to make CC working conditions more pleasant than - probably - for several years?

iwalkedaway