PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 01:58
peuce

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Leadsled & Dick,

You are always trying to bring the argument around to "resistence to change" on the part of a nasty group within the Industry.

You naughty boys know that is just being mischievious. Unless I'm mistaken, we have been discussing whether the steps into Broome and Karattha should be either "C" or "E" ... not whether they shouldn't be changed. I think most have accepted that both locations will become controlled. The only question is, what type of control?

You also talk of the cost to VFRs in being re-routed in C. The reality is, wherever there is a conflict between two aircraft (and they know about it) there will be a cost to either one , or both, re-routing to some degree. Whether it's self separation, or Controller separation. So that cost is irrelevant to this discussion.

So now we only have the debateable issues of safety and controller cost. Leadsled has said that both C and E are equally safe ... in the right place. Leadsled says E is the appropriate safety net at Broome , others think otherwise. It's a very thin line ... could go either way.

So, let's decide on Controller cost. Dick says C is more expensive, the Controllers have said bollocks. Leadsled, I think, has been quite on the issue.

So, it's marginal ... whichever way you look at it.

Considering the recent "comments/rulings" on what constitutes Negligence, and he marginal differences in the arguments, I say, would it not be safer(in all respects) to err towards C?