PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 2
Thread: SOUTHEND - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 23:30
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both last two posts are interesting prospects or not? I have grave concerns about the surrounding access which cannot be made any better than it is. The A127 is the pits as are road journeys into London or anywhere else if it involves the M25. For much of the rush hour the roads around SEN are gridlocked and then come the summer - when and if we get one day trippers make the situation worse.

Unlike SOU which I can see as a model for SEN, SOU had substantial business around it and quick travel using the M3, look how many years it took to get it viable/likewise LCY.

I have grave concerns that are repeated often here that at the end of this exercise the runway will still be to short to support Loco which it will need to grow. While/or if all this going, STN and LTN will not sit back if SEN starts to take business from them. I hope to be proved wrong but have grave doubts and I see no-one amongst the Stobbart group that has knowledge / experience of such a major detour from their core business.