PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 23:18
screwdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went into CBK today and was suprised to see thousands of pickets positioned at the gate...Oh... hang on... I don't belong to BASSA!
BASSA are being a little economical with the truth and I, for one, am glad that BA are now pointing this out to the media. I’m also coming to the conclusion that Unite have got themselves into a pickle because of the stupidity/militancy of their BASSA branch. It really is time for Unite to sacrifice the BASSA reps for the greater good.
If UNITE have been relying on the info that BASSA have been passing to them then they really are screwed. As an operational engineer I found the following illuminating.
Here’s an extract from the latest example of Unite’s view of yesterday.
Early reports suggest a strike-breaking volunteer crew has broken an exit. They are said to have "blown a slide" i.e. broken the function needed when the doors go from automatic to manual on landing. This means that the emergency services need to attend to make the plane fit to fly;

A blown slide is not “a broken exit”
They have not broken the “function needed when the doors go from automatic to manual”
The emergency services have nothing to do with the airplanes fitness to fly.
Plenty of slides are blown when BA’s a/c are not crewed by volunteers.

To all my colleagues who have ‘stepped up’ to keep the airline running ‘Good luck and God bless you all’

PS To Unite- there is only one “e” at the end of the word Entebbe
but there are 2 "b"s.