PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 21:40
BAcrewboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening ladies and gents - I know that there were a few of you in the CRC today, but, for those of you that were not, here is my take on things.

I arrived in the CRC at about 1230. I was nervous on the drive in and was very uncomfortable as I drove past the picket near the police station. I was nervous at being spotted, and also upset that a few of my friends had been so misguided by BASSA and were now stood there risking everything for no real reason.

Anyway, I arrived at the crew car-park and got onto the blacked out bus. The bus was almost full - hardly any seat free. There were volunteers on there but many many normal crew. I got into the CRC and was amazed at what I saw. There were masses of crew there on standby - I saw so many of my friends and it was so nice to see some smiling faces. I ca't imagine who is striking because there were so many people there.

I witnessed an impromptu question and answer session from Willi and Billi and was impressed at what they had to say. They GUARANTEED the audience that those who had gone on strike would never get their staff travel back and that it would not be up for negotiation with the union. They reassured me that what is to come will not be the end of my flying career as I know it - now I have not been in the company for long and hope that the union will not be proved right with their constant warning that the company cannot be trusted.

They confirmed that rosters had been wiped for striking crew and that they will not be working until they are needed.