PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air North Brasilia Crash in Darwin (Merged)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 20:00
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can you make an informed judgement based upon speculation? Do you have all the facts? No, becasue you are not an ATSB representative studying the case. You may merely make a decision based upon what you have heard.
Speculation?

The facts, as I understand it, and as reported by the police, are:

- The aircraft departed on a training flight.
- Shortly after rotation, the aircraft banked steeply to the left and impacted the runway.

Now please tell me what you think caused it.

You may not be able to add two and two, but most of the rest of us can.

Now I am perfectly happy to be proved wrong, and in some ways I hope I am, but for now the most likely cause of this accident is pretty obvious. There is clearly a loss of control - but what caused it? It doesn't appear to be the weather, so what else? You only have two options - catastrophic mechanical failure, or crew error. Take your pick. Of course, if you can think of a third (or fourth) possibility, by all means correct me.

You don't have to be an ATSB representative, who by the way will also indulge in speculation where all the facts aren't known, to figure that out.

You have also missed the bigger picture, the human picture on how to be compassionate and noble in the face of grief.
That is not the bigger picture. Whilst some of you will no doubt want to wallow in overblown sentiments of dignity in the face of grief, I am pretty sure that the two pilots involved would be amongst the first to say get over it, figure it out, make sure it doesn't happen again. THAT is the bigger picture.