PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 17:29
Right Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluffy

A reminder what I said,
Do yourself a favour and keep your mouth shut as no-one outside your BASSA forum 'enclave' backs your action. I will be operating as a skipper on Wednesday and if I get any sniff of trouble I will off-load you.
To which BACabinCrew replied,
I think it is appalling that you are posting such a thing. The strike is perfectly legal and it is every employees democratic right to withdraw their labour.
Apologies for my direct wording. I respect your democratic right to withdraw your labour. What you are failing to appreciate is that many of your striking colleagues have chosen to be intimidating to those who exercise their democratic right to go to work. If you can't imagine the scenario let me try.

Briefing room. Militant SCCM. Most of the crew are listening intently to the diatribe of the BASSA hardliner. Body language of one individual- Eyes cast down. Militant SCCM sees this and focusses on the individual who evidently does not support their views. Direct question arises - "Did you come in to work?"

It is my intention to pop round to the briefing room and say, "If anyone feels that they are being intimidated in this room, come to me - I will not tolerate any bullying on our aircraft."

It's been said a thousand times, but no-one outside BASSA supports this action. A significant majority of these colleagues feel BA is not in a fit state to let UNITE/BASSA dictate to it. We have seen the final 'offers'. You will not be impoverished, in fact I still have a sour taste in my mouth knowing that the concessions my union, BALPA have made reduce my individual pay (% not £'s!) more than the offer would affect yours, despite the protestations BASSA are making.

I worked on Saturday - The act of bravery, coupled with pragmatism, that the cabin crew exhibited by turning up to work has earned them my unswerving loyalty. The least I can do is make an unpopular, but necessary speech in the Cabin Crew briefing room to protect these stalwarts from the BASSA wolves.