PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 17:22
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fincastle84
We've just flown overnight TPA-LGW in J. It was about 2/3 full.

Despite landing 25 minutes late at TPA due headwinds, we were still airborne on time. Therefore I deduce that the Teamsters' union went out of their way to assist in a very speedy turn round.

The Captain set the tone for the flight by giving a rousing welcome to the pax & proudly announcing that the aircraft was crewed by a fully operational Gatwick crew, no volunteers required. He was also pleased to announce that we SLF were to receive a full meals service. This happened very speedily despite quite choppy clear air turbulence.

During the flight, surely a record at 7.5 hrs, I was able to have a lengthy chat with the purser about the present situation with Bassa. Time & space will not allow me to repeat the words used & opinion expressed; suffice to say that there is NO sympathy or understanding for or of Bassa's position.

Throughout the flight as always the service was both friendly & efficient.

One of our cases was unfortunately damaged at LGW during unloading. It was very quickly sorted out at the BA desk in the arrivals hall; a new one is on the way. Both BA staff members were totally scathing about the strike. They pointed out that they had taken their cuts a year ago so fail to see why LHR CC should be an exception. Again I won't repeat how they described grey haired CSDs!

As a result of our latest flight we are more than ever supportive of BA & the excellent crews & personnel. I cannot see any way in which Bassa & Unite can be allowed to bring down this great airline.
J'accuse. You are obviously in the pay of WW, or Lord Ashcroft, or "Call me Dave".

How dare you come on here and present FACTS, and then start attacking baggage handlers as a side issue

Glad you had a good trip, mate - the CAT always happens during meal service, of course. Much smoother down at 5,000 ft