PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 17:02
License to Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the next few days ...

So the 1st stike ends today, but for Longhaul volunteers leaving LHR today it could be a hard week as they could be sharing hotels with (striking) crew who leave LHR tomorrow ... there are a number of trips that have 48 hour+ layovers. I know LH cabin crew, who have commented to other crew (on a trip) they will not strike, only to find no-one has spoken to them for the rest of that trip - it shows how vindictive some people are, a real shame.

I hope that any bullying or aggressive comments are dealt with appropriately/assertively by the Captains - I guess that if anyone was offloaded for this they would struggle to keep their job on return to LHR.

I can only imagine what the next deal on the table will be for the cabin crew - when the dust settles I am sure the current offer will not cover all the cost of these 7 days of strikes ... its funny how Tony Woodley() is now having to negotiate things like staff travel back in- I think the phrase 'digging a deep hole' might be appropriate!

Lets hope that Network Rail, the underground, et al. now have confidence to stand up and take on/beat these Unions - it seems to me that once strikes are called, the Unions are always confident of getting a good deal - maybe we will look back in a few years and see this as a turning point ...