PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is wrong with everyone?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 16:07
Lt. Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a stark realisation is needed. Not just on this thread, but all over this place (apart from the Flight Testing section - no one seems to be bothered there)

You're talking to someone who is going through training as we speak, and I admit this is NOT and in NO WAY NEAR the time to start training further than a PPL.
I had a choice to go to university AND train, don't go to university train or don't train at all. At the time, the first option was the most appealing - and I bit into that apple...

Nearly two years into the course and I hold a PPL and have done my ATPLs, due to start CPL in June. At this relaxed pace, I should hold a fATPL and a BA(Hons) near the end of 2011.

Do I really think this will get me right hand seat? Maybe in a car.

I don't think, within the next 4 years, that any of this is going to change. Yes, I will hold a degree and all the necessary licences - but no airline will give a . I'm a low hours pilot, so what?

Back to my point. People like WWW need to say what they're saying. If not, half the wannabes on this forum (like me) would be lulled into a false sense of security. I've heard it all before, "By the time we're finished, the market will be gagging for new pilots" Yeah...whatever... I probably could afford the rest of my training if I had a penny for every time someone has said that one to me!*

After all, if none of us noobs were around to start these "OMG OMG OMG!!! there's a light at the end of the tunnel!!" threads, then people such as mad-jock and WWW would have no need to tell us the grim truth of this industry.

I honestly think that they're trying to help us, and anyone who decides against their advice could be classed as a fool.

But hey! Eventually somebody, somewhere will need a pilot!

*Obviously I couldn't. Unless, of course, the training cost me like...8 of these so called pennies...