PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 15:31
dave747436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bacabincrew

bacabincrew said:
the fact that yesterday around 8/9,000 flew with BA tells a story in itself
I don't think you can judge the success or failure of the operation by the number of passengers carried.

BA offered refunds/re-booking over strike days, so of course loads are going to be low. Most of our passengers decided that they simply couldn't take the chance. (Can hardly blame them!)

BA have said that their reports MUST be factual, because investors base decisions on them.

The evidence of my own eyes also leads me to believe that around 50% of crew were reporting for duty, on Saturday at least (the last time I was in CRC).

My belief is that BA will win eventually. Because if it looks like it's going to lose it will issue 90-day notice on CC contracts.
This is not conjecture - in the last offer from BA, there is a statement that if the way BA & the unions do business hasn't changed by June, it will issue 90-day notice.

The worst possible case for CC is a long drawn out dispute - only a knockout blow of 100% support on day 1 would have won the day, and that clearly is not the case (whatever UNITE claim.)

There are huge changes heading our way (all employees) over the next 12 months.

Cabin Crew NEED their reps at the negotiating table influencing this change, not standing out in the rain holding a banner.

My wife is a WW Purser, and the longer this goes on, the more I fear for her future.