PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 15:19
fincastle84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fantastic service from a great crew

We've just flown overnight TPA-LGW in J. It was about 2/3 full.

Despite landing 25 minutes late at TPA due headwinds, we were still airborne on time. Therefore I deduce that the Teamsters' union went out of their way to assist in a very speedy turn round.

The Captain set the tone for the flight by giving a rousing welcome to the pax & proudly announcing that the aircraft was crewed by a fully operational Gatwick crew, no volunteers required. He was also pleased to announce that we SLF were to receive a full meals service. This happened very speedily despite quite choppy clear air turbulence.

During the flight, surely a record at 7.5 hrs, I was able to have a lengthy chat with the purser about the present situation with Bassa. Time & space will not allow me to repeat the words used & opinion expressed; suffice to say that there is NO sympathy or understanding for or of Bassa's position.

Throughout the flight as always the service was both friendly & efficient.

One of our cases was unfortunately damaged at LGW during unloading. It was very quickly sorted out at the BA desk in the arrivals hall; a new one is on the way. Both BA staff members were totally scathing about the strike. They pointed out that they had taken their cuts a year ago so fail to see why LHR CC should be an exception. Again I won't repeat how they described grey haired CSDs!

As a result of our latest flight we are more than ever supportive of BA & the excellent crews & personnel. I cannot see any way in which Bassa & Unite can be allowed to bring down this great airline.