PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC or OAA?!
Thread: CTC or OAA?!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 13:17
pilotho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you really think there is such a thing as a guaranteed job? Look at the industry from another angle if you do.

You're going to get loads of comments about you shouldn't train etc. there are loads of threads that starts like this one and ends with people saying you shouldn't train.

My opinion is that there is never a decent time to train, there are always going to be something happening which would affect employment as a pilot. The most important thing is to see which school would be best to train you to be a decent pilot. That's not just being able to fly the aircraft but actually being able to be a decent "airline pilot". You have to remember that today's airline pilots aren't hands on pilots anymore, remembering rules & regulations and being able to program is much more important I think.

Look beyond the big 2 I think. See how many students there are to instructors. Are the planes well maintained? Don't just look at the one they show on an open day, it's bound to be spotless. Also remember that all flying schools would have problems such as tech issues or instructors being ill but ask the students if they are accommodated reasonably quickly.

That's my advice and I am sure a lot of others can contribute.

In bocca al lupo! I think I got that right...