PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United 767 emergency at EGPF
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2002, 21:46
Gaza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was a reasonable report.. but when I re-read the line: "I'll probably not bother running it because it is fairly unexciting" I thought it must all be a big wind up.
Heathrow Director - I can confirm that it was not a wind-up. ajamieson is genuine. I have met him and he is what he says he is.

The Scotsman did run the article today in an abreviated form in the news digest section. No sensationalism, just an accurate report of an aircraft diverting to GLA after a suspected bomb scare. Thank god that for once there was no mention of hysterical passengers saying they thought they would die!

Article copied below

Bomb scare grounds jet

A BOMB scare forced a passenger jet bound for Washington to make an emergency landing at Glasgow Airport yesterday.

The pilot of United Airlines flight 923 from Heathrow Airport took the decision to turn his plane around after 80 minutes in the air when a suspect package was discovered. Shortly after 10am, the blue and grey Boeing 767 landed at Glasgow and was shepherded to a holding area at the end of the runway where all 163 passengers and 13 crew were evacuated to the terminal building.

Police later gave the flight the all-clear before it resumed its journey

Last edited by Gaza; 12th Jul 2002 at 22:30.