PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 08:07
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although BA 177 to JFK did leave on time it was empty of pax and only had three flight crew on board,presumably sent out to pick up a crew who were in place in jfk and who would have to opperate back ,plus pax of course.
Tomkins,

There is no attempt at misinformation in the author's statements.

If you read it again, UNITE never mentioned passengers, either.

- Unite The Union Release: By 2pm, only one flight to JFK airport had departed – normally there are five

- BA Strike Fact: Three British Airways flights from London Heathrow to New York’s JFK had departed before 2:00pm. BA 117 departed on-time at 8:20am; BA 175 departed 17 minutes late at 11:00am; BA 177 departed onetime at 1:35pm. Later in the day BA 115 departed on-time at 4:00pm and BA 179 departed on-time at 5:55pm.
All the author is trying to do is point out that UNITE/BASSA, as ever, are telling lies or have poor information (I have my own opinion on that).

The above information would seem to be independently verifiable, as are most of his other points, aren't they?

Whereas ALL of UNITE/BASSA's claims are not.

(Several people wrote to Sky and BBC News asking them to send someone to Cardiff and verify UNITE/BASSA's claims - miraculously, UNITE then claimed that all 40 aircraft that they "claimed" were parked at Shannon and Cardiff had been mysteriously moved back to Heathrow - which I assume costs a lot more in parking fees?).

I think UNITE's unsubstantiated claims are there for all to see. Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so to speak.

Another pair of claims just now on Sky:

BA state 98% of CC turned up for work at Gatwick yesterday, and 53% at Heathrow.

Unite claim only 13.5% turned up for work.

Who do you think is right? (For a start, who actually has access to the employee attendance information?)