PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA Type Rating Validity following LPC.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 07:17
Time Traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No

The 5 years runs from the expiry of the last LPC (granted, not from last flight on type, which was slightly more restrictive - I think that was the rule some years ago). It does not run from the last LPC on type.

If your LPC expires by 'one day' (or indeed 4.99 years) - and I quote - " the CAA will require no additional training". Just do a usual LPC, signed by an examiner. Sure, the operator can do extra if they want to (as they can for any pilot, current or not), but it is not a requirement.See F4.4. Curtis makes it sound like going one day beyong expiry causes the sky to fall in - In practice one day before or one day after - It makes no difference - Just an LPC is required, and if you're not up to scratch, then a bit extra is required, just like any current pilot. I've been over by a couple of weeks a couple of times, and it made no difference. (Actually I wish some operators would realise this, as some are fixated on currency for their recruitment)

XLS driver - A nico says, probably better to get stuff like this from the horses mouth and not pprune

Last edited by Time Traveller; 22nd Mar 2010 at 07:31.