PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2010, 23:57
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
JackMcHammocklashing
Sorry I do not get it?
Sorry if I did not spell it out. Within four days, I had done two days business and travelled two thirds of the way around the globe in Y (some 21 hours of flight time alone, excluding airport time). I had one night's sleep at my destination with my body clock still out by eight hours. So I fell asleep at work.

Had the client have paid for me to get better rest on the two nights I had in Y, then he would have got his money's worth out of me. But he decided to 'save' money on the flight - because it could be seen by his manager. The fact that he lost money on me being non-productive was not visible to his manager. But his staff knew that he had penny pinched and were sympathetic to my situation. So - we ALL lost.

Now, back to the subject of the thread:
LH747
Whilst it only takes a matter of days for the few mindless fools from the Unite leadership to call a strike and tear it all down.
Hhmmm, not quite. The mgmt have been doing that for 20 years but, due to the union's backward looking action - they will cop a huge amount of the blame.