PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2010, 19:39
LHR747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The strike is almost over Unite appears to have failed to bring down BA

The strike is collapsing. Here is a posting from a cabin crew member on BA's world wide fleet:

I thought I would give you an update from the floor!

I was rostered to operate a flight yesterday morning, which I did without any problems. I parked at the carpark and took the bus to T5 with some other crew. I definitely wasn't alone and there were probably 7 or 8 other cabin crew on the bus. I got to the CRC and found it to be very crowded. There were crew everywhere and I talked to one of the managers who said they didn't expect such a high turnout. This is why very few volunteers never got to work yesterday. If BASSA honestly believes 80% crew were on strike they are living in denial.

My flight operated with a full crew complement (no volunteers or ICC). The flight was chock-a-block but it went extremely well. All crew did an excellent job and all the passengers were pleased that they were getting to their destination.

I listened to what BF was saying yesterday and it's extremely worrying that crew will be let go after this strike. This would be compulsory redundancies in a very long time in the history of BA. Our beloved union BASSA can be held responsible for this. Well done BASSA!

This strike is almost coming to an end and I'm confident BA will deal with next weekend's strike too.