PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss 1311 at Pulkovo on Jan 10th 2010, bird strike
Old 21st Mar 2010, 16:40
Airbus_a321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have to agree with cptplay....RT was not that bad. certainly if you fly outside your country, everywhere RT sounds different. stay on basic. dont talk too much. if you have a "sensor" and realize the guys down on the radio are only level 3.5 give them a chance......speak "like to children" easy and simple. Helps you - helps them.
...anyway did they have actual fire indication - we don't know...if so, make the fire drill...if not....don't cry and taxi to your stand and don't block TWY for no reason....if you are on ground where is the problem......yes tick, tock, tick (nice example),...YES, WE continue the "SOP" even if its worth just ........my god, where is airmanship, common-sense and all this other stupid stuff....as mentioned RT from the airport was not that bad...but maybe those poor guys had some doubt, as the flightdeck was crying for firebrigade inspection....but not any reason visible by the tower, they didn't even understood (like myself) why they blocked the TWY...they coiuld have asked the FA to have a look out of the window instead...but obviously thats not mentioned in any SOP....common-sense, as above is old-fashioned in our days.

to make it short.....not any reason, not any single one...to fingerpoint to the Russian controllers...IMHO they made quite a good, a normal job..nothing to complain about (I listened twice)....they gave immediate radarheading, well maybe not in a ...tick, tock, clock SOP way...but as asked for radar vectors they got on IMMEDIATELY. be honest the frequency was partly garbaged, but then whats about selective hearing.....no one else in English on the radio...so the heading advise In English was for whom????.....and again point out, they offered landing opposite to expedite landing......but tocktock....follow SOP.....One day crews flying into the visible mountain...but they followed SOP...RIP, acc SOP