PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jazeera Airways
Thread: Jazeera Airways
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2010, 16:01
ECHIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Dear Cpt 320. I am one of those spanish pilots and just to say that I am alright here but speaking money wise......... I wish I got tree times more then I used to do. I used to be based in Tenerife doing most of the times the 4 hours sector flights. Working more or less 10 days a month and earning minimum 5000 euros net a month (summer month around the 6000 and if I went to Riyadh or any other place a lot of money more!!!). That is after tax etc. Here in Jazeera I am earning around the 3000 kd IF I am flying 70 hours. That will mean 7500 euros. But working much harder, no social security etc. So with other words after deducting 30% for security payment I will be earning the same as in Spain and even less. But also I am paying here a lot of money more for rent of my apartment, grocery shopping, school fees etc......... Even going to the beach where my family can walk in beach wear (no public beaches) cost me money.

So in my opinion Jazeera Airways should do something about the salary like increasing the school allowance, house allowance, give proper medical insurance for the whole family and not only to me. Loss of licence insurance etc.

I am very grateful to Jazeera because they gave me the opportunity to work here and to be honest I am perfectly all right. No reasons for me to leave the company but I can perfectly understand why other colleagues are leaving. Wataniya Airways and Kuwait Airways are offering a much better package and are just next door. Emirates, Etihad and Qatar can offer a much more challenging career for more or less the same money.

Please hopefully you are right and soon they will give us 3 times more then what we where used the earn in Spain. That will make me for sure a very happy pilot here and my wife a very happy shopper!!!