PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2010, 15:44
Cymmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In my opinion (whether right or wrong), if my company imposed a relative pay cut onto me after years of massive profits I would be upset. I would certainly consider strike action, if not I would operate to the absolute basics of my contract and ensure customers knew of my unhappiness. This, may, probably would stop people from re-booking, hence a loss of revenue.

BUT, if the company explained and proved the story, then said in a year or two, when its proven that the company is in profit (Plcīs have to issue statements), that they would then give me a guarenteed increase in pay commensurate with the increase in profits, then I would certainly look at working for and with the company to meet this target. Hence happy staff = happy customers and = re-bookings. Everyone is happy.

Impose cuts = even more problems, Talk, be open = helpful staff.

PS: References to the scum government who "broke" the miners strike is detestable. That low life, paid people to send in coal at greater cost just to close the mines. This was not just about Scargill, this was a Conservative government shutting down the North of England at ANY cost. They even took out steel. They broke my family up as some went to work others didnīt, itīs called divide and conquer! Any decent dictator knows how to do it!

I worked for a company and was involved in a 3 week strike. We came out worse off, I left. This same company is regularly involved in strike ballots and action 4 years later, suprisingly due to bullying and intimidation of the work force. Shame they have to ensure shareholders HAVE to have a 10% increase in dividend payments year on year, as promised by the top board.
Shame too that they forget that the people they intimidate also fetch in the revenue.
Another ballot is due soon, the 7th one. Some people never learn.

Last edited by Cymmon; 21st Mar 2010 at 15:56.