PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2010, 11:09
petit plateau

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
BA experience Sat

I flew BA from Hamburg to LHR on Sat.

The flight was fairly full, and from a passenger perspective absolutely fine. On landing at LHR it seemed to me that there were more non-BA livery planes than usual at T5. Within T5 it seemed slightly less busy than usual. I am not a frequent/regular BA user so I can't be too sure on either point but it certainly was not an amazing number of non-BA planes, or an amazingly empty T5. If I had not known from the media that there was a strike on then I would not have even thought that there was something unusual at all.

The previous week I had to change an Expedia booking of BA in order to get to Hamburg (due to some weather problems that stranded me in Denver with Delta). The Expedia link to the BA website went better than I have ever seen it and I was able to modify my booking with no extra cost at all. I do not know if this is usual or if it was a sweetener to cope with the industrial action dsisruption but it was greatly appreciated by me. I run my own small business and any additional costs are most unwelcome (especially as I was actually travelling on something that was essentially a pro bono mission). It would be good to know if this was usual or unusual as it would affect my booking choices in the future (I always book cheapest ticket type, but not necessarily cheapest airline/route/time).

I had a bad spell with BA about 5-10 years ago that made me not prefer them and it is only recently that I have started considering them in my travel planning. From what I have seen over the last couple of weeks I will consider them more frequently in the future - especially if prices reduce more as otherwise it can be hard to justify to myself vs the locos.

Hope this is factual enough to be of help.