PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2010, 09:19
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leady, I'll take a hit. In retrospect, my post was ambiguous. My point was that in the interests of 'uniformity' you believe that we should not be in a position where we have to lodge differences or, at the very least, the differences should be minimal.

I also accept that your position has been one of stating that where differences exist they should be lodged. What I said was clearly ambiguous.

The thrust of the post was that, on the one hand, you appear to support the use of TCAS for airspace allocation, provided a difference is lodged; yet on the other, this appears to be at variance with your belief in 'uniformity' and avoiding differences.

That was my point regarding the apparent inconsistencies in your argument.

Regardless, this debate is really about the provision of an 'inferior' service, when a 'superior' service can be provided for the same resource expenditure. Once again, it goes to the 'negligence' argument. Why in hell would one commit to an airspace construct that can have unknown VFR, when the alternative of positive separation for the fare-paying punters is available for the same cost?

That's where I cannot understand, or accept, the logic behind E over D. For my money it should be all C, given that the controllers themselves have consistently stated that they can provide positive separation at no extra cost and a lot less grief.

It just doesn't make sense Lead.

Thank you Mr Barry. Nice list of credentials. Hope you are enjoying my west-coast ancestral home, although we come from a bit north (Galway/Castlebar). Great pubs!

Lead, in the interests of keeping it civil, thanks for the reminder about Rose Bay. My old man, before we went north with AWA (1964), used to regularly visit the Sunderlands down that neck of the woods to sort out the 'snags' - that was always his term.

He had a couple of flights to Lord Howe, compliments of the crew, after sorting out a few particularly difficult problems. Nice: In those days it was 'Thanks, come for a ride. We'll tell the company that the snag was so bloody repetitive and difficult that we wanted the tech expertise along in case there was a repeat.'

Dick,
I'm still waiting for that one controller to post under his/her real name and state, unequivocally, that E is cheaper that C.

After all, how difficult can it be if 'dozens and dozens' have told you that E can be done easier (cheaper) than C? If one of the 'dozens and dozens' really does believe that E is cheaper than C, then they must be willing to post under their real name. If they have told you that E is cheaper than C, and can substantiate it, then why would they be afraid to post under their real name?

Hasn't that has been one of your consistent points?

The phrase 'I am sure you will agree' comes to mind.

Just one Dick! One out of the 'dozens and dozens!' Just one!

Last edited by Howabout; 21st Mar 2010 at 09:34.