PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Partner Private Jets
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2010, 14:03
Alphabet soup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with most of what LAS1997 has said and also echo his/her very kind sentiments that everyone in this industry wishes the good hard working employees of APPJ biggin hill good fortune in the future.

one point I would like to express a view on if i may is the 'brokers don't like chartering from brokers' theme. It has become quite common now for brokers to have operating arms and operators to have more commercially active broking arms. Twinjet have The Charter Company brokerage, Oceansky do both, and many operators are also broking more these days. Avoiding the use of such suppliers is somewhat short sighted and not a option from someone offering true independant advice to a client.

the solution to fear of client loss is to build good relations and trust with your client and suppliers alike, whoever they may be. If your client values what you do they will stay with you long term, and clients who 'hop about' from supplier to supplier will always do so no matter what is or is not done to induce them.

i hope the good people at biggin hill are back at the wheel again soon. Its not a nice situation for anyone to be in and its a cloud that also hangs over many others in the industry these days.