PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2010, 10:57
teddybear44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dustyprops,

Yes, but what are they standing their ground over, I thought it was imposition and there we have one on Sky News banging on about New Fleet and losing 14K and that's why she's striking - Which is it? Do they even know themselves? The past is the past. We are where we are now and everyone else has taken some sort of hit but same old story with some groups. Is what they are being asked for so difficult in the context of what is going on right now in the world? Reality check please.

ZeBedie

You can't blame one person for the whole T5 mess. There was a lot of help in the scenario from other groups through lack of testing and planning and some very slow procedures in the early phases of opening. It's all ancient history now. I don't think he is out to prove his reputation...he already had it. That's why he is where he is as CEO and he is addressing what has not really been properly addressed in the past as part of a wider strategy for survival. I don't think there is much of a choice in having plans for modernisation and efficiency savings and everyone does need to contribute. That is what he is asking. Perhaps you would prefer some other option such as ignore the realities and wait for bankruptcy?

Ted