PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ariben vs. Embry Riddle
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2010, 07:13
Aceninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The school is no doubt expensive, but since I do have the citizenship I won't have to pay international rates. Having said that it is still terribly expensive. I do have some Veterans benefits which would pay for 16 months of school + flight training etc, but after that I am on my own (loan+savings). If I end up going to the other school I get 200 multi time in a Beech Duchess and could complete it entirely debt free. I am leaning more towards that option, but wanted to fully explore both options and did not want to make a decision in haste. Since flying is going to be my career I wanted to make sure I made an informed decision. Does it really matter where you train for that matter? Also how well is Embry Riddle recognized outside of the United States? The aviation market in the US sucks right now and I was thinking of India or the far east in the long term (after I have amassed enough hours and experience). My fear is that maybe 5 or 10 years from now when I am sitting down for an interview at a major airline, no matter where in the world, I might get bypassed by someone who went to a better/more well known school. Maybe thats just paranoia, but what do you guys think?