PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 20th Mar 2010, 01:19
Aerouk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening all,

I'm currently studying for my A levels, but I was looking at studying another course.
There's a Mechanical Engineering course which would involve studying aerospace systems, biomedicine, and other mechanics, but also Maths and Physics would be involved at A level grade.

Obviously it wouldn't be the same as A levels but would it qualify for a WSOp trade.

So what do you guys think? Would it be worth while.

An mechanical engineering course has always interested me so would it be worth it?

Thanks
I'm getting slightly concerned with these new courses that promise you qualifications that are like A-Levels but aren't actually A-Levels.

If you are looking to do a course that is the same level as A-Level, why not just do the A-Level course? It prevents you from having to explain what the qualification is to a confused recruiter whose getting lost with all of these new super-duper qualifications.

Get your A-Levels in decent subjects (i.e. Physics, Maths, English etc.) and then if you really fancy doing a Mechanical Engineering course why not go to College or University to study an HNC/HND/Degree in the subject that way you have universally accepted qualifications?