PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY INV-LTN diverted to EDI
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2002, 13:07
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

ajamieson (and, I suppose, Gaza )

Sad, isn't it.

Back in the good old days, journalists were sufficiently skilled in the use of the english language that they could detect the simple and obvious use of ironic humour at a thousand paces. Those days, it seems, have passed. Must be the curse of the internet.

Yes, I read your profile (and did a search of your recent posts) and thus established what you do. That much should be obvious from the end of my post.

I can't win with this one. If I don't tell you, you'll accuse me of cowardice.
Now this is really sad.

You don't know me, and yet you make a completely erroneous judgement on my motives.

As it happens, I have close contacts with several journalists. These are responsible, aviation-minded folk who call me to discuss aviation stories. They appreciate the perspective of a professional pilot when assessing the content of a story. This is due to the too-frequent innacuracy of news stories- for example the BBC1 reporter insisting that once the DHL aircraft responded to the a TCAS RA, there was no possible way to prevent a collision.

So, the reason I asked who you worked for was to know who I could call if I ever saw a completely erroneous story in a Scottish paper.

Now, if the pair of you re-read my posts, you will see that there are in fact NO insults, NO nastiness and NO thoughtlessness there. If you can find any, show me and I will apologise. Of course you may both need to remove the blinkers of preconception from you eyes first.

Who do I work for? An airline with a base in Edinburgh...