PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 19th Mar 2010, 13:01
jimmyjetplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryanair sim check

lucair84.....Hi, It may depend on how quickly you corrected the error, but also bear in mind that sometimes your own perception of your own own performance may be quite different to that of the person who is assessing you!I am not trying to upset you and I hope that you've passed.

There are many variables to consider here, including how well you did and came accross during the interview.Don't believe it's all about the sim check as in my view it isn't.If they don't like say your attitude or think you lack technical knowledge this will be enough to put a question over hiring you.

It's all about supply and demand as well.The usually only take a 'percentage' of the candidates on the day so you need to really shine to be in with a chance.For all you hopefulls out there,they do give second chances.If you are borderline,they may invite you to reapply in 6 or twelve months.It happended to me.When it was 2 days before Christmas at the time when I failed, it seemed like the end of the world. I DIDN'T GIVE UP THOUGH and when the second chance did come, I seized it, but I had made sure I was bloody well prepared for it and that is what anyone must do if they ' really ' do want it.

Despite some of the rubbish written on here,it isn't easy to get in and it isn't easy to complete the the training either. It's a real shame in my view, that many see the job a just a career choice based on 'potential high salary' but we all know where that's headed.For me flying has always be about the 'passion' for it and while 'I won't I fly for food' AND DO EXPECT REASONABLE RENUMERATION, I STILL CONSIDER IT A PRIVELEDGE to be able to fly and live my boyhood dream.

I know you don't all feel the same, but I would rather fly with someone who does.Being a Pilot and certainly being a trainer is a vocation, as is being a priest! In my opinion anyone who does the job of an Instructor and does not accept this, will probably be bad at there job. Anyone lucky enough to be given the chance to fly for Ryanair should grab it and anyone involved in the company will know if they are honest, that the training received is among the highest standards in the world.

That's my piece said and good luck to anyone who really wants the job for all the right reasons!!

Jimmy.