PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2010, 12:50
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Evanelpus
Then go a day earlier. Even a nights hotel won't bust the bank comparing the difference between business and economy fares. When my old company went through the cost cutting regime, we did this and it wasn't unpleasant at all.
It's the old, old, old equation of time or money. If your time is cheap, you can take an early and sleep nice-nice in the hotel. If your time is expensive, you sleep as best you can on the plane.

(I've recounted this before) Working for a client in HKG in the 90s. LHR-SFO two days biz for them. SFO-HKG arrive 18:00 and straight to bed. Arrived office Thursday morning knowing that the Friday was the BIG day with the three finalists in the Tender doing their presentations on a critical communications project. I was the lead consultant. So I had a day to catch up.

No. I was told the presentations had been brought forward to save a day. They had made me do both long hauls in Y as they would not pay more (PE did not exist). Result? I fell asleep during the presentations.

Please do not assume that the solution that is good for you is good for us. Most frequents that I know do also (as was said) leave on Sunday evening or only get back on a Saturday and miss family events. I'm glad I don't do it any more.

Besides, if the shareholders knew how much money their companies were pi$$ing down the drain on REALLY unimportant stuff - you would have the CEO sacked on the spot.