PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Dilemma
Thread: Our Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2010, 12:00
Red Wine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our Dilemma

How would you handle it?

Let me propose a number of every day scenario’s, that has, does, and will continue to confront us as professional aviators during our every day occupation.

What would you do if you knew your colleague has a medical deficiency that would disqualify the normal aviator, but due to an old boy network with his favourite medical man, he can retain the appropriate medical level and continue to fly?

Equally as important, how would you act, if your colleague was “mentally” questionable? What I mean is that he was displaying those unusable characteristics that made you question his stable mental attitude.

e.g., “talking about the value of life”, “unusual and abnormal behaviour”.

And finally, how would you handle your alcoholic or drug addict colleague. He or she who passes the annual medical [must lie about the alcohol / drug use consumption question].
He/she never fronts to the flight line intoxicated, but it’s a known [proven] fact that after knockoff time, they become a blithering mess.

I don’t wish to trivialise this matter, as many of our colleagues are affected by the above, and sadly, some are not with us now due to the depression or helplessness of their circumstances.

How would you [or how do you] address this situation?