PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gyrocopter involved in murder charge
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2010, 11:46
Tallguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my tupence worth, and yes I realise the case is over so this is purely to add to the discussion.

We are all aware of the Emergency Services coming under attack on a daily basis from what is extremely violent behaviour, and whilst they are responding to life threatening events, yet I don't recall reading of a fire engine driving over a group of yoofs who are hurling bricks et al at the members of the services. Equally I am sure we have all heard of more then one Air Ambulance engaged on a job whereby people have threatened the crew and/or climbed on the aircraft, again I am not aware of any AA starting up regardless so putting pedestrians lives at risk even when they have the casualty on board.

My point is I would class these types of situations as threatening yet the crews react accordingly either attempting to placate the situation or calling in the cavalry as required, they do not blindly carry on ignoring the fact that death is likely using the excuse 'well I asked them to get out of the way'.