PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2010, 11:31
Icare9

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
regle: Interesting info on the problems with the 707. It has obviously been overshadowed by the Comet accidents, but it's a timely reminder that the US aircraft industry DID make its share of mistakes too. (Wasn't the Convair Coronado another design that didn't work too well?).

Your account of the crash seems a tad abbreviated, wasn't that the one with the US Olympic skating team aboard? I thought that was the first commercial 707 crash, so I'm sure there were lengthy enquiries into what had happened.
No doubt you are going to bring more incisive comments in a bit later, so apologies if I have jumped the gun!!

PS: Have you checked your emails lately?

Rodger: You know that all I am trying to do is in some small way assuage the debt owed to those who fought for our freedom. I don't have much to contribute except a willingness to try and help where possible. It's the expertise and knowledge of contributors to this thread that keep me interested!! They're the ones who have first hand accounts which clarify so much. Good luck with your continued research into Doug's early stages in the RAF. I'm sure others will help where they can!