PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Make your own approach plates?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2010, 22:23
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello!

You simply have to deliver the best training you can within the constraints that you have to work with.
Yes, sure. But don't forget that you, the instructor, are also a role model for your students. Everything that you do is "the right thing" for them, because they do not know better (yet). If you go flying with them on overloaded planes (as I have seen very often, especially in summer with big guys in C152s) then they will come to the conclusion that overloading an airplane is perfectly normal and acceptable. And if you train them using self-made instrument procedures, they will accept this as normal too. But it is not:

Within a radius of 100km around my home base I can recall at least six fatal accidents in the last 10 years or so, involving a bizjet, several turboprop and piston twins and a turboprop single, all consequences of "unofficial" instrument procedures. I personally knew some of the victims. Therefore, I am not going to show my students, that inventing one's own procedures is a perfectly normal thing to do. As I am not going to show them that you can fly an overweight aeroplane, bust minima, fly aerobatic manoeuvers with non-aerobatic aeroplaenes and all the other little tricks of the trade that go well 99 times but bite the poor guy who draws the lucky number 100.

Regards, max

And to Pablo: Thanks for your encouraging mail!