PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varsity Express
Thread: Varsity Express
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2010, 22:17
iris0202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarifying Wikipedia standards....a little off topic

Wikipedia is a public encyclopedia, however it does have rules to protect people from hearsay and what not when it comes to biographies of living people. This is, of course, meant to protect them against legal action, should the information added be untrue. For that reason, everything written on Wikipedia, particularly when it comes to biographies, has to have sufficient sources to remain on the site.

I've personally done some editing on MH's biography on Wikipedia and know that any comments about his past that do not have some sort of publication to verify them are removed. I personally wish there was more published proof that he is the worm he appears to be...if anyone has any - please let me know! Otherwise, yes - the page is edited to keep it as factually accurate as possible. Anyway, this is a bit off topic. Just wanted to clarify that while MH has definitely tried to edit his Wikipedia page to his advantage, a lot of honest people who are well read on what's going on are monitoring it to ensure that true facts can be shared. Many of the lies that his "PR company" put on there initially have been edited out at this point.

Cheers!