PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Make your own approach plates?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2010, 19:51
Mickey Kaye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m with Big Pistons Forever they are a potentially useful teaching aid.

Also bare in mind that two of the three “international regional airports” with official approaches that are within 30 mins flying from where I am based and you have to book a training slot. So if they say no then the flights cancelled - not good for the student and not a good way to stay in business. Plus an hour flying there and back again isn’t ideal

Also most GA airports that do have an NDB none of them have an official NDB approach. So training from these places is going to be largely unofficial approaches aswell.

I’ve also yet to fly from a school with an approved procedures trainer. There is a school close to my that use to have an approved “procedures trainer” but it was costing 10 grand (allegedly) so its no longer approved.

Yes it would be great to fly approved approaches for every lesson but in the hand to mouth existence of every flying school that I have flown from you can't. You simply have to deliver the best training you can within the constraints that you have to work with.

Last edited by Mickey Kaye; 19th Mar 2010 at 16:25.