PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2010, 17:08
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hobby Flyer's post makes for sobering reading for the future of Cork Airport in the months and years ahead. New routes? baby ema gone, baby man a few weeks to go up to Easter and then gone.

If there is any future out there and there may well be - something kind of obvious like a return to Prague at say, twice, a week might work out fine. If Cork has any cop they should be down on their hands and knees to CSA cajoling them to return with an A319 or 735 twice a week to add a touch of connectivity once again to central and eastern Europe and the Middle East.

The Dublin Airport Authority is the curse of both Cork and indeed snn airport in my opinion. Cork needs to be completely independant. The DAA is a poison as much as and maybe even more than snn has been down the years. Even if it meant Cork was to be open only twelve hours a day in independant ownership I am now coming to the view such a scenario would be preferable than being a part of the poison that is the DAA.

Cork cannot be itself being a part of the monster that is the voraciousness of the DAA. Ducksie and me in agreement - whatever next!?