PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Partner Private Jets
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2010, 13:17
Tequilaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of luck to all....

....at APPJ.

Not sure the criticism of JB is necessarily true. I am sure he potentially had his hands tied from higher powers that be but I stand by what I have always said in that the size of a company such as AP, they should stick with what they are good at. I never had a problem with JB and like the guy enormously. Everyone makes duff decisions no matter what level so beware those that cast stones and anyone that denies that comment, well you must be at the helm of the most successful operation in the world, let us know who it is then!

Infighting aside the same thing happened in the early days of Bookajet. The balance just could not be achieved and plus you became a pariah in the market being a broker and operator and announcing it to the world. The industry is still to an extent old school to easily adapt to such a hybrid but everyone is trying new things and the market is so diversified right now it is hard to see what anyone is actually operating as there core business in some instances.

The whole APPJ thing took me by surprise to be fair as again harking back to Bookajet days AP would not touch Bookajet with a barge pole for having exactly the same setup as what they themselves have tried to achieve and probably through a mixture of unrealistic prices and maybe operator experience to recoup well over the odds they probably paid for GoldAir the whole empire has come crashing down. To be fair with the customer base they have if anyone could have made it work, industry downturn or not it should have been AP. Something has gone terribly tits up methinks.

Having said all that though, best of luck to all.

TB