PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Engine Fire ex-Adelaide
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2010, 11:45
cambruzzo

PRESS Reports LOL

Sorry to contribute this crap report, but there must be sonthing this industry cn do to stop this sort of reporting
This has just appeared in eglobaltravelnews an e news sent to travel agents across the world i believe
The Headine is

Wing on fire causes Jetstar to amke an emergency landing in Darwin

It started with a loud explosion before the cabin began to shake violently during a Jetstar flight from Adelaide to Darwin on Monday evening. Up to 163 passengers were aboard the A320 aircraft and terror ensued when the starboard wing became engulfed in flames. According to first hand reports many passengers began to scream and a fire extinguisher had to be used inside the cabin.
Jetstar spokesman Simon Westaway confirmed yesterday the aircraft had experienced engine trouble just after take-off late on Monday night and was forced to shut down one of two engines. Emergency services were on standby at Adelaide airport when the plane turned around landed safely at 10.55pm.
Mr Westaway however denied the plane was on fire and the extinguisher was actually used for random sparks. The pilots also informed passengers of the situation and landed without further incident.
“The pilots remained in full control of the aircraft at all times and responded in accordance with training and procedures with aircraft systems acting as designated,” Mr Westaway said in a statement. The cause of the mechanical failure has yet to be ascertained.
Passengers were soon accommodated overnight in Adelaide and were confirmed on flights to Darwin with Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin Blue on Tuesday.
Written by: Jill Walsh – Business Travel Editor

I have taken the libertly to reposndeing as follows to the publisher
"
LOL
what total crap this article is
LOL because I actually LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I read it
Please get it correct.
Headline says emergency landing in Darwin, story says emergency services were on standby in Adelaide when plane landed.
Darwin in WHERE THE PLANE WAS SCHELDULED TO OPERATE TOO
Adelaide is where is LEFT and LANDED.
There was NO fire inside of the cabin
Spakes from an engine malfunction NO NOT ENTER CABINS
One would have to wonder if Jill Walsh has ever travelled by air?
My sister was on the flight, she is a travel agent, she related the incident as being an engine out return to airport emergency. Just like the aircraft are designed to operate on one engine, and just how pilots are trained to handle the situation"

I wonder if they will publish it!