PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 18th Mar 2010, 09:27
NavLites

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sam 1979 Spot on!

Yes, obviously that post was probably written by Management or PR. In a previous life I worked for AN as cabin crew.

Reading the conditions are very interesting, yes, it is not the 'good old days' and times certainly have changed, but up to 180 hours a month!!! Are they kidding??

We were rostered to a max of 140, I simply cannot imagine how you would sustain that workload, if you fly you know it is a very physically demmanding job, I have been out of flying for years now, and have had different jobs, but never get as physically drained as I did when I flew, and yes I work full time in demmanding roles. No wonder staff leave, this is not a sensible business model, but then a lot of managment are not that smart when it comes to staff turnover.

Whatever happend to comapnies wanting to be an 'employer of choice' They don't seem to care about turover. Ideal staff turnover should be less than 5% a year. Sounds like a lot more.

Management never ever seem to get the cost to the business for constant recruitment, training and the impact on staff morale.

As for me, one look at the TV show and I would never fly them, the customer service skills the staff have are the very basics, they obviosuly have no conflict management skills to deal with the constant issues that they have to face, it makes me cringe when I see the staff who are so untrained and out of their depth when they have rude pax.

Believe it or not, customer service is a real skill, not many poeple have these days and Tiger appears to be no different.