PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR-PPL Theoretical 4 fail rule
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2010, 07:47
rollix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gertrude the Wombat
Shouldn't do. The point of the exams is that you're supposed to know the stuff, not cram it for the exam and forget it the day after. In theory any one of us ought to be able to sit down with zero notice and pass any of our PPL exams
Well we're talking about more than 1000 pages of material, of course sitting exams again will be easier than first time, but still requires many hours of review.

Aviation it's not the only priority for me, such a concept of flawless theoretical preparation does apply more to professionals if you ask me.

Also JAA theory is one of the heaviest, FAA theory is way easier to pass, and pilots fly safe anyway.

Originally Posted by bose-x
There are no JAR PPL exams. The exams are national exams and only valid in the country in which they are taken in conjunction with the flight training.

You can't do PPL exams in one state and have them accepted in another as a rule.
I know PPL exams are different from state to state, but I read of cases where some CAAs recognized exams given in other JAA member states, but probably that was about CPL or ATPL rather than PPL.

Do you have specific referrals to that rule? That's a UK only policy or part of JAR regulations?

Thanks for all your answers, IO540 especially