PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varsity Express
Thread: Varsity Express
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2010, 06:39
Daifly

TwinAisle

I refer the honourable gentleman above to post 51....

Can I have a 'Told You So' t-shirt as well?

TA
I refer the honourable gentleman above to post 33.......

Does that mean I get a t-shirt too?!?!?

- Once again, the true and useful value of PPRuNe is identified, if these posts saved one person from depositing £15k into a bank account for nothing then it's been worth it. There were so many clear questions to be asked that I strongly believe it was worth asking them.

Learjet50, who I'm very pleased to know by his real name off this board, was knocked for his views (and spelling), yet he was spot on.

Those of you who know him will know that he doesn't hold back on his opinions and as they were blunt people naturally dived in with a "it's the recession, the guy's trying" defence. Well, yes, it is the recession, but alledged fraudsters will remain regardless of the economy and the views of people like Learjet50, who have been around for years and have seen it time and time again are very valuable and shouldn't be so readily dismissed - even in an anonymous forum where it's easy to do it. The good thing though is that when we're wrong, I'm always confident that we're the first to hold our hands up and admit it.

Like I said though, if our collective postings saved one pilot from shedding £15k for nothing (and don't knock them too much, they are new to the industry and it's no different to the requests I'm seeing from pilots who will fly for food at the moment) then I think we should be pleased with what PPRuNe can achieve.

Danny can proudly add another one to his tally.

- Finally, I can only hope this is the last the industry hears of Martin Halstead. This a microscopically small industry and the likes of the failings of AlphaOne and now Varsity Express do nothing to serve any of us - they leave the industry in general with a bad reputation with the travelling public and make our collective employees (pilots, cabin crew and engineers) trust us less with every failed venture because the people who usually get hit the most financially (percentage of income-wise) are them.