PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how do i get my enthusiasm back for flying ?
Old 17th Mar 2010, 22:47
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Enthusiasm for flying

The best way to really enjoy your flying is having a reason to go flying.
As you are on the IOW would not a share in an economical two seater open up all sorts of reasons to visit other places plus providing an excellent way to cross over to the mainland.
Explore the possibility of 4 people sharing an aircraft and then spreading the the cost of operations by flying in pairs.
Put an ad in the local rag to see if other like minded (and solvent) souls are thinking that way.
Of course i could suggest you buy a Turbulent single seater but then you would get fired from your job as you would be flying all the time (with a big smile on your face)
Having made such a big effort to get a licence then just make a bit more and see if the above ticks the boxes.
There is a lot of fun and adventure still to be had, you just have to find out what suits you
Regards and good luck
Pobjoy
There are dozens of great strips and private airfields out there just waiting to be visited that are a lot more interesting and fun than the expensive security besotted ones with multiple "VRP's" and yellow coats.And thats before you pop over the water and go to a French club field where the radio is used to order your lunch ! PC
As for streamer cutting from 3000 ft down to 1500ft this is positively dangerous and not to be recomended (hundreds of Pilots have been bored to death doing this)