PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varsity Express
Thread: Varsity Express
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2010, 20:12
iris0202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other pilots?

My goodness, what a mess. I simply can't understand how MH might think that using a fake name to do any of the following is not a business use of this fake Commercial Director -

1. Communicate with potential employees (as noted on this forum earlier)
2. Communicate with Oxford Airport (as confirmed by an Oxford Airport spokeswoman in one of the early press articles)
3. Comment on the state of the company in VE-issued press releases posted on VE's website and throughout the internet

MH was quoted as saying “I went along with it. I never saw it as an issue because Will Gilligan was never actually conducting any business for the company.” Making arrangements with airports, communicating with potential employees, making statements in VE issued press releases....that sure sounds like Gilligan was doing "business for the company," does it not?

I, too, have many questions. First of all - where are the other 3 pilots? Nothing has been mentioned about them. Surely they're wanting their money back too. I really hope they all come forward to collect their money back from VE and I hope those who were interviewed for the FO jobs will submit any info they have to the police. Also, admitting you used the pilots' money as capital for the company when they handed it over under the pretense that it would pay for their training...that seems like a horrible idea when trying to claim innocence, no?

I'm eager to hear what the police have found and whether or not there will be official charges brought against VE/MH. However, this is a very sad event for legitimate airline entrepreneurs. This will, no doubt, make it very difficult for future start ups.

Last edited by iris0202; 17th Mar 2010 at 20:44. Reason: reformat