PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any truth in the rumour that EY are freezing CCQ/MFF from A320?
Old 17th Mar 2010, 18:02
Slopwith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll go make my question easy!

Ok. According to "goeasy", there is no shortage of A320 pilots. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities by possibly spreading doom and gloom by implying there was a shortage. I of course have no idea if there is or is not a shortage. Nice that you have standbys as my roster generally full and without standbys but anyway let me try and re-ask the question without any reference to pilot shortages, spreading gloom or implying anything else that will hopefully keep you happy. I was not asking if there was a shortage of pilots, I was asking about ccqs.

Here goes:
Does anybody know if the opportunity for career bids to bid from the A320 to another fleet such as the A330 or B777 is now being frozen for a period that may be up to a year?

Better?

I was asking because at the rate of 2 per month it was going to take a while for some of us to be eligible for a career bid and apart from the recent batch of B777 slots, if they stop the 2 per month to the A330 then some of us are going nowhere for a while. Which is of course tres cool but nice to have an idea.