PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Somewere nice and warm to spot aircraft Please.
Old 17th Mar 2010, 16:15
studentpilotmcuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Somewere nice and warm to spot aircraft Please.

Hi all sorry for the rant and rave.

this is now really starting to get on my nerves.

I spot aircraft. I love the hobby, I started the hobby when I was in my early teens, whilst other people my age were becoming parents at 16 and getting hooked on drink and drugs, I would be seen at Heathrow busy writing down the numbers of the aircraft that were coming in. I love the banter, the people are great and I had a fantastic time.

Move on 15 or so years. Because of the Job that I do, I have to have an enhanced CRB check.

I work mainly with the Police but for my local council. On my days off you can now see me at airports throughout the uk.....BEING MOVED ON BY SECURITY STAFF AND WARNED THAT IF THEY CATCH ME AGAIN "ACTING SUSPICIOUSLY" I WOULD BE ARRESTED!!!!!!!!!!!.

All I am trying to do is find a nice place on the airport were I can view aircraft.

To my knowledge this does not exist. I think y ou can blame the attacks on America for that.

So I have a question

Why can't airports build a viewing lounge with a nice cafe were we can spot aircraft?

To gain a membership, you have to be CRB checked, You have to pay the necessary fees. I agree it could be expensive but worth it. (It all depends on how much you love the hobby.

With the proceeds BAA and other airports could provide us all with a nice environment to spot aircraft.

Surely, this would give us (the spotter) a nice warm place to meet with friends and spot aircraft and create hardly any worry to security.

Like I said previously I love my hobby, but I would not like to risk my career over it.

Any thoughs on this

And very sorry for the rant and rave I do feel slightly better.