PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna vs. Piper
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2002, 03:59
nasa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fine Tuning The Fine Tuned

Now, Now Girls…..Conquest II with 2 +14……pleeeaaaassssseeeee…..the bloody thing is only certified for 11, from memory……Yes it goes like a cut cat, but will not pull out of 1000 m with 16 up…..Plus, to buy a second hand one with –10U’s in it is around the USD$1.5m

Now for those lovely Garrets, or is it Allied Signal, or Honeywell, can never keep up…..Anything below a –10U-514 (mod standard notwithstanding), and note I say a –10U and not –10UA, which I’m led to believe is a –3U with the Hot Section modified to –10U specs, has connection points for the rubbish bin located just aft of the exhaust…..that’s there to catch those pesky little engine parts that keep falling out …..Then of course, to do the Hot Section, usually in tune with the Gear Box Inspection, one has to pull the Gear Box to get to the Hot Section…..Give me a good old PT6A any day…..cupla hours and you have them split at the “C” Flange and you can play with all the lovely innards ….but having said that, the PT6 cannot pull the HP at the fuel flow that a TPE331 can, but they do it with so much extra noise

Put a cupla –10U’s or better in the Conquest, a 3’ plug, winglets, VG’s, decent avionics, and you come close, but the big hitter is the ability to get in & out of 1000 m at MTOW…that’s what everyone wants, to be able to get in & out of around 1000m with 14 pax and travel between 400 – 600 nm, with holding.

Jamair…..Far be it for me to doubt what you say, but in 1999, I’m sure the 320 was parked outside of Wobblies hangar looking as forlorn as it had for the previous decade…..You sure it was a 320 and not the Twin Bonanza …..Do you recall the call sign.

Bik…..Nice, but is more expensive than the Garmin gear and as such would start to put the purchase price of the Mythical Aircraft out of reach