PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Aer Lingus cabin crew to be made redundant!!
Old 17th Mar 2010, 07:17
YYC F/A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI Premier wrote: In relation to the Cabin Crew, I am of the opinion that the process of making all crew redundant is completely illegal and in contravention of legislation under the Terms of Employment (Information) Act, 1994. The positions themselves are not being made redundant and the skills required to complete the work won't be changing in the sense that crew will still have to go through the same exams every year. If Cabin Crew are going to be re-hired, Aer Lingus will have to prove that the nature of the work has absolutely fundamentally changed - which it won't have.

I'm still flabbergasted at the stunning announcement to fire and rehire the entire cabin crew team, not to mention not taking almost a quarter of them back in any event!

It is retribution through and through and no matter how you slice up your views on whether the cabin crew are in the right or wrong on the no vote here, I just can't see how this move by the company can be in any way legal.

And BA crew think it's bad.... ouch.