PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Varsity Express
Thread: Varsity Express
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2010, 07:16
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think LearJet 50 wins the "I told you so" T-Shirt.
Happy to doff my cap to LearJet50, SpeedbirdXK8 - I think he was the first to put his suspicions into print!

TwinAisle's suggestions are all very well, but if applied nowadays would mean that easyJet would never have got started
I'm not sure that would be true, Flightrider. I would agree that easyJet wouldn't have got started the way that they did, but what is clear is that easyJet have an excellent model, and profitability. I would wager that they would have found a way to get started since they knew the fundamentals were right. Unlike You Know Who's!

Adios - I did indeed have sympathy with ANYONE who lost money on this debacle. However, in the light of Pilot Positive's post, I may reconsider that....

Under the principles of EU subsidiarity, I would bet that the CAA can indeed put extra rules in place in line with my post, btw - the conditions would be that they have to be applied consistently and in addition, not detracting from, EU regulation. Manx2 are a bit of a special case, since the IoM is not in the EU...

TA