PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2010, 03:31
DLWL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Requirements.

Hi guys,

previously i did mention that i failed my second i.view.

Maybe some of you are wondering about why u failed.

Well what i can tell you all for sure is
They are not looking for rocket scientists.
No need straights As etc.
I am a living example. I only have A levels
but was selected for 2nd round.

What they are looking for is really
1) passion and how you show it
2) your image- i guess, how you present yourself; confidence, analytical skills, situational awareness.
3) leadership- this is whr i scored well i guess. good past records of activites.
4) flying experience doesnt give you an edge also; you cld be a ppl or cpl holder, but if u were a member of the library club in school, i don't think they'd be impressed,

So answering the technical questions well doesnt really give u an edge or otherwise really. Coz i only had 1 technical questions and couldnt answer.

But really most importantly, how your present yourself and on the first look and few sentence of the i.view they must feel that you can be a pilot and the i.viewing pilot should want to fly with you. put yourself in their shoes and you will see wad they want.

2ndly,
i spoke to ed**** during my second i.view and confirmed with him that once you are called for medical. SIA has already accepted you.
Delays to confirmation can be due to several issues.

Underlying medical issues that, CAAS accepts but not SIA (not sure what these are.).
Security issues (just like how SAF posts ppl to the different units if you guys realise).
Employment and bond issues.
Course availability.
So i guess if there is no rejection then the chances of getting in is still very high. remember, SIA hires when they see the need to. I guess when they tell you that don't take it for granted that you are in the medical, they mean it that way.

but i do agree that keeping people waiting is really a sucky thingy. hopefully things will pick up soon.

all the best to you guys.